RFC Fire and Security Systems
RFC Fire and Security Systems, owns and operates the website located at securitysystems.ie and offers a Service catering predominantly to B2B clients which employs a variety of standard business software, such as office software, workflow software, and accounting software.
A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information (defined below) from website visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Information to RFC Fire and Security Systems and we learn that the Personal Information is the information of a child under 13, we will delete the information as soon as possible.
If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawful processing: We process your personal information only to the extent necessary for the performance of our obligations to you, which is in providing the Services to you under our terms of service at securitysystems.ie/terms-conditions. We set out below the type of personal information that we collect and how we use it.
Collection of Information: Unless you have otherwise given us appropriate consent, we collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Service, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your enquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Service or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain pieces of Personal Information, in some instances your service level may be reduced, for example if you wish to make an online payment or payment over the phone.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as the domain used to access the Website and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to access the Website. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical location of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website or Service is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organisation is not considered Personal Information.
Collection and Use of Information:
We collect the following types of information for the following purposes:
- Registration Data: When you join us as a new customer, we ask for information such as your name, registered company name (if applicable), email address, phone number, and billing address. This information will be used to administer your account, for billing, verification and authentication purposes and to contact you in relation to the same.
- Content You Make Available: From time to time we collect additional data, such as photos of your fire alarm panel, or security codes.
- Transactional Communications: We will use your data to provide communications for certain activities relating to your use of our Service, such as booking in service visits, invoicing, and credit control.
- Legislative and related service updates: We may occasionally update you on important matters relating to fire safety regulations and our related services. We do not consider these to be marketing communications but part of our service commitment to keeping you fire safety compliant. However, if you choose not to receive such communications please let us know and we will remove you from our contact list.
- Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication.
- Marketing Lists: From time to time we buy prospector lists to advertise our services. We buy these from a reputable 3rd party list provider who maintains and cleans their lists regularly. We will only contact prospective clients about our products and services where there is clear legitimate interest, and will remove individuals on request.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Service which we use for analytics including predictive analytics. These are processed as aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual.
- Analytics Services: Whilst we do not personally place tracking technologies on our Website, other companies may set their own cookies or similar tools. This includes third party analytics services, including but not limited to Google Analytics (“Analytics Services”), that we might engage to help analyse how users use the Website. We may receive reports based on these parties’ use of these tools on an individual or aggregate basis. By using our Website you consent to the processing of data about you by Analytics Services in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
- System Logs & Cookies: Cookies may be used by us to track content usage and traffic on the Website. A cookie is a feature of your web browser that consists of a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies help compile aggregate statistics about usage of this Website, such as how many users visit the Website, how long users spend viewing the Website, and what pages are viewed most often. This information may be used to improve the content of the Website. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie. This gives you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
- Third-Party Links: The Website may contain links to other third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Such third-party websites are governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third-party providers and we are not involved in any interaction or transaction between you and such third-parties. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit. The links to third party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website, and/or the Service. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Service and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website users, other users of the Service, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
Where we use 3rd party software providers, we undertake to ensure that they have the appropriate technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures in place to protect your data.
We do not currently take online payments and therefore store no credit card or financial information.
Retention: We will keep your Personal Information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purpose or as required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you. We may retain certain data as necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally-identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law.
Access, Accuracy and Right to be Forgotten: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information. We will deal with all requests for access and modifications within 1 month of the request.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date. Having accurate information about you and/or your business enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information or would otherwise like to exercise any of your rights in respect of your personal information (whether as set out above or otherwise), if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at: email@example.com
Please head any correspondence ‘FAO Data Compliance Officer’.
Fire Alarm Installations